Sunday, October 23, 2011

Catching up,

Sorry, I have been remiss in updating the blog. Actually I've been very busy taking workshops at the "Stitch'in Post". I've been working on a long term project - a kaleidoscope quilt (I posted a pic on my Facebook page if you want to see what it looks like. I've also taken three other workshops that included making a purse (called the Mina Bag) and a table runner.




The bag is lined in a green and brown complementary print. When I get the runner finished, I will put up a picture so you can see it as well.

It is beautiful here at this time of year - the aspens are golden and our red maple is a blaze of reds and burnt sienna. Last week Frank and I stopped at the Woodburn Outlets and enjoyed the fantastic display of huge pumpkins - they came in all colors and spectacular shapes. Check out the photo below!






Luke just sent me a photo of Elizabeth and Leilani. They were participants in Leilani's cousin's wedding this month. Aren't they both beautiful!

Frank and I are doing very well. He has been working at organizing his man cave, and I've officially opened my Xmas workshop - I am hoping to make most of my gifts this year! Next week I start training for volunteer work at the "Habitat for Humanity Thrift Store". I am looking forward to the new experience. We've made lots of wonderful new friends and count ourselves as extremely blessed!

No comments: